The projectGenie software is built on a simple idea – that communication is the single most important thing for any project. So projectGenie helps you to communicate more efficiently by providing a single online place where all discussions about projects, tasks, bugs and clients can happen. A place where your team and your client can meet, talk and share files. A virtual office allowing seamless team integration, saving you time and effort.
Eh? But what does it do, in plain language?
OK, that was far too much like the waffle from a marketing department. Let me explain what projectGenie is about in real world language.
The projectGenie process
You have a client. They ask you to work on a project for them, so you add the project to projectGenie. The first task in this project is to gather some requirements, so you create a task called "Gather requirements" and assign it to yourself.
Traditionally at this point you would start making phone calls, sending emails, faxing questionnaires and visiting the client just to get some dialog going with them. No more. With projectGenie you just need to provide a login for each person you need to speak to (this is created automatically when you add that person as a contact) and invite them to chat.
The notes section – the heart of projectGenie
Your "Gather requirements" task has a notes section attached to it, which works just like an Internet forum, where each user can write messages which appear in a list. Just like a conversation. But that’s not all, you can attach files with your messages (image files will have a thumbnail automatically created) and look back over the notes at any time. The notes are even searchable, so if you remember that somebody wrote something, but can’t remember which task (or even which project) they wrote it in you can seach for it.
Of course, projectGenie has loads of other features wich you can read about below, but in a nutshell it’s this notes section making communicaion easy that is the hub of the entire system.
Other projectGenie features
- Create unlimited clients for whom you do projects
- Create unlimited contacts, who can use the projectGenie software to communicate
- Create unlimited projects, setting their priority and status
- Create unlimited tasks, bugs, memos, announcements and milestones and communicate through notes and files attached to these tasks
- Keep up to date without having to keep revisiting the software through the use of RSS technology
- Choose between a number of available skins to make the software look how you like
- And there are more features than you can shake a camel at